View Single Post
Old 15th May 2010, 20:47   #2659  |  Link
TinTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grmpf View Post
Btw. here a picture with madVR stats from my system - tearing at 23.976hz. Its *always* in the same postion (i marked it red, because i can not screenshot the tearing), no matter if i restart the player, system, use pause, or whatsoever - madVR tears at this position for me and no where else. My system is a Q9550 + ATi 4770, on WinXP SP3, output on a JVC DLA-HD100 (RS2 named in the US) - btw my timings (with powerstrip) are very very tight - i get not a single Repeat/Drop (apart from the starting ones) while bitstreaming AC3/dts in 13+ hours constant playing. With other renderers i can adjust the vsync with reclock to not tear, with madVR its not possible, and after reading your conversation with jong i understand why reclock is not working the way i am used to be.

I cross my fingers that the exclusive mode will fix it, it is a it strange that the tearing is always at the same position or ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinTime View Post
I get exactly the same tearing as you at 23/24Hz with 0.12. I'm also on XP SP3 with an Nvidia 8600GT.

This seems to have been present for me since 0.10. Versions 0.9 and earlier were ok. If there was tearing then it was when play was started and a quick pause / play would fix it, similar to when I use VMR-9.

Since this post I've moved on to Windows 7 from XP - same hardware, new OS. I no longer get tearing at 24Hz.

Of course I've now got a whole new series of problems to deal with (Nvidia custom resolutions seem to be completely broken, whereas they worked fine on XP) but madVR 0.12 is working great
TinTime is offline   Reply With Quote