View Single Post
Old 15th May 2010, 18:13   #2658  |  Link
cyberlolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
I think for a HTPC probably DVD/Blu-Ray playback is more important than broadcast playback, so I think the default "PC levels" logic of capping WTW at 235 is not such a bad choice.
I disagree. There's a lot of people that uses HTPC mainly for watching mkv's, and in case of TV Shows, they're encoded from broadcasts, aren't they?

Quote:
And as I told you days ago, there will be contrast/brightness controls sooner or later.
Ok madshi, it wasn't my intention to put you in a hurry. Please bear in mind that my english is not very good, and maybe I use some expressions (like "told you days ago") that can sound aggresive or something, but that's not my intention.
To keep things clear, I appreciate your great work, and I only write here my opinions and wishes just in case they can help you in some way to improve your renderer.

Quote:
Maybe I'll do that, I'm not sure yet. But this definitely will not come before I redesign the settings dialog (which is on my to do list, but not for the next 1-2 versions).
Ok, I still think it would be a very useful feature. So I'll keep waiting for it, if you finally decide to add it.

Thanks for your answers.

Last edited by Guest; 16th May 2010 at 00:21. Reason: rule 6
cyberlolo is offline   Reply With Quote