View Single Post
Old 15th January 2018, 11:46   #1355  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

The subtitles from the Avatar 3DBD are very difficult to handle. I have recently taken an inventory of the bugs of the various versions of BDSup2Sub (see here and the following posts) and Avatar was among the "difficult streams" I've used to do my tests.

I have just implemented in BD3D2MK3D a new "universal" method to convert any stream to 3D, including Avatar, hopefully without problem. It uses the ++ and Java versions when appropriate. It is somewhat difficult to explain, so I will release the new version as soon as possible so that you can use it. If you really want to try the new method yourself, here are brief instructions:
  1. Convert the ORIGINAL subtitle stream with BDSup2Sub++ v1.0.2 to another BD SUP file. (You can find BDSup2Sub++ in the "toolset" folder of BD3D2MK3D. It is important to use v1.0.2, and not any other version including v1.0.2a.) When the Conversion Options window is shown, be sure to tick the "Change frame rate" option and verify that the FPS Source and Target are both set to 23.976. (This is necessary for ALL conversions with ALL versions of BDSup2Sub.) If you are interested in the forced subtitles only, tick that option.
  2. Close and re-open BDSup2Sub++, and this time, load the new SUP you have created in step 1. Export to XML/PNG in a new folder. (Again, verify the Change frame rate option when necessary.)
  3. Open BD3D2MK3D and verify that the Settings -> BDSup2Sub -> Use BDSup2Sub.jar option is selected. (That should be the case according to the log file you have posted.)
  4. In BD3D2MK3D, use the menu "Subtitle tools -> Convert Subtitles to 3D (with 3D-Planes/OFS)". Select the XML file you have just created in step 2 as the Input subtitle stream". Set the output file format to BD SUP and enter the output file name. (You should save it in the Avatar\XXXXX project folder.) Define also the 3D-Plane (OFS) file to use. (You can see what file to use near the end of the 3D-Planes.log file created by BD3D2MK3D when the project has been created, or in the first tab of BD3D2MK3D when the movie is loaded.) Verify the other options and convert the subtitles to 3D.
  5. Just to be sure, open the 3D SUP file in any version of BDSup2Sub, and verify if the subtitles look correct.
  6. Now, open "__ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs" in a text editor or notepad. You should see the following lines:
    Code:
    ##LoadPlugin(D:\Tcl\work\BD3D2MK3D\toolset\VSFilter.dll")
    #LoadPlugin("D:\Tcl\work\BD3D2MK3D\toolset\SupTitle.dll")

[...]

# Hardcode subtitles
    ##VobSub(".sub")
    #SupTitle(".sup")
    Change them like this:
    Code:
    ##LoadPlugin(D:\Tcl\work\BD3D2MK3D\toolset\VSFilter.dll")
    LoadPlugin("D:\Tcl\work\BD3D2MK3D\toolset\SupTitle.dll")

[...]

# Hardcode subtitles
    ##VobSub(".sub")
    SupTitle("your_3D_subtitle_stream.sup")
    (where your_3D_subtitle_stream.sup is the final 3D SUP file created in step 4.)
  7. Launch __ENCODE_3D_LAUNCHER.cmd as usual.
This method should work. At least, it works with the French subtitles from my version of Avatar.

Good luck!

Last edited by r0lZ; 15th January 2018 at 11:50.