View Single Post
Old 28th May 2009, 19:44   #436  |  Link
turbojet

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0xdeadbeef View Post
This was actually never on my list and chances are very, very low that I will ever add support for DVD SUPs.

Well, especially the text format looks simple enough. I'm not quite sure though why a program would prefer importing a palette from a text file instead of the IDX. Besides, I'd guess you'd need about 5 lines of code to write a Perl (or whatever) script that converts the palette from the IDX into this format.
I'm not sure but vobsub has never had much to do with dvd authoring in the past. I'll see if PGCedit will add it though.

Quote:
Well, I'm converting BDs to DVDs all the time and I never needed it. Also I'm a little puzzled why converting VobSub to DVD-SUP (or vice versa) should introduce a loss in quality. Both formats seem to share the exact same control header structure which controls display of the image including frame palette and alpha values.
How are you doing BD to DVD subs?
Nevermind about the dvd sup vs vobsub quality. I'm used to using MPC-HC evr/directvobsub for rendering vobsubs and powerdvd/tmt3/standalone players for sups. The latter generally renders subs at noticably higher quality. Under the same renderer they look pretty much identical.
turbojet is offline   Reply With Quote