View Single Post
Old 2nd February 2009, 16:49   #8124  |  Link
Jeff Flowerday

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
Don't know, that's more difficult than it might seem. The eac3to infrastructure wasn't really built to split output files. Just imagine that eac3to finds out that the FLAC files need a second pass: eac3to would have to enumerate through all chapters again, reopen every of those separate FLAC files and redo them! That's a logistical nightmare...

Can't foobar2000 split FLAC files into chapters somehow? I thought I had seen something like that...
Understandable!

Yes foobar2000 can split based on cue sheet, it's just such a pain to manually create a cue sheet. The cue sheet isn't complex just the conversion of milliseconds to frames is a little time consuming.

Actually an option to output a cue sheet from eac3to would take all the pain away.

http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?title=Cuesheet

Performer, title and track names aren't really important since we need to tag the resultant flac anyway. "FEATURE" , "FEATURE ARTIST" and chapter numbers for track names would suffice.

If you don't see value in it, I'll right a program to convert your chapter files to cue sheets.

Thanks,
Jeff