View Single Post
Old 27th May 2010, 11:45   #11811  |  Link
GrandeBoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDeviant View Post
Well, obviously it doesn't render the subtitle unreadable so it's not a critical bug. I've only seen this one title with subs like this and if it is too distracting MPC-HC will play it correctly.

Now I have a quick question. How does ffdshow handle forced subtitles in Blu-ray? I had someone ask me this and couldn't answer them and I don't have any samples to test it myself.
as far as I am concerned, mpc does not handle forced subtitles properly (yet).

there are 2 types of blu-rays: some have forced subtitles in a separate file (imagine 2 subtitle files, one for watching the entire movie with subtitles, one for watching only those forced subs). In this case it's simple: just select the right sub track and only forced subs will be displayed. An example of this would be the bourne or the lord of the rings trilogies

Some other movies have only one subtitles file for each language and those who are "forced" are flagged as such, but for the time being the mpc/ffdshow subtitle engine is not capable to tell which is which and will display everything. We would need an option such as those offered by vobsub filter to "only show forced subtitles". An example of this would be District 9 or Avatar

Last edited by GrandeBoma; 27th May 2010 at 11:53.
GrandeBoma is offline   Reply With Quote