View Single Post
Old 5th July 2017, 20:33   #1708  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shb View Post
Firstly, thanks for all the work! I'm using this pretty much daily and it's been great.

Recently, I've been having a slight issue with hitting the deadlock timer. I've been using the --no-deadlock-detection switch to avoid the problem for the most part, however I'm somewhat confused as to why both creating the avs2yuv and x264 process take a long time. Before the latest version, these would start almost immediately, but on the current version (I think I updated in-app and it said to build #1114), each of these processes takes well over the 5 minutes before deadlocking kicks in. I've even tried manually indexing the files but the same outcome occurs.

Is there anything I can provide you with to assist?

Edit: Seems it was source-specific. I tried a different source and it had none of the same issues.
Well, the included avs2yuv hasn't changed for ages. x264 has been updated recently, but there should be no change effecting "startup" time.

If avs2yuv or x264 takes a long time to start or even triggers "deadlock" detection, then it almost certainly means that Avisynth (or more precisely: your Avisynth script) takes a very long time to initialize.

A typical cause for this is FFMS2 (or whatever source filter you use) taking a long time to index the source. But there could be other reasons, e.g. your script is just painfully slow overall.

Last edited by LoRd_MuldeR; 5th July 2017 at 21:43.
LoRd_MuldeR is offline   Reply With Quote