View Single Post
Old 19th January 2012, 02:35   #1363  |  Link
Mikey2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincoln Burrows View Post
I am currently using a LG W2452V monitor, the full specs can be found here:
http://www.prad.de/en/monitore/revie...lg-w2452v.html

The country is Brazil, but I don't think it makes any difference in this regard. The video card is 8800 GTS 512 MB, in Core Quad 9450, 2 GB/RAM DDR2-800, Windows 7, Abit IP35 Pro (motherboard), Hard Drive 7200 RPM... I guess this is it.

Even using LAV Audio Decoder I still have audio sync issues with this .m2ts file from the 1080i (60i) source:
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Torchw...ay/923/#Review

It's barely noticeable, but it's there, in some scenes you are listening to the audio track after the lips start moving. However, I haven't noticed any problems using Total MediaTheatre, which is a proprietary software from Arcsoft. Why can't we use their decoder?

And it's probably something I am experiencing, not you. Someone explained to me in another thread that my video card (dated 2007 - so it's old now, specially for HD contents) - does not support VC-1 fully (only H264/AVC), so the minor audio delay while using Media Player Classic-Home Cinema must be related to this. I didn't noticed the same audio sync issue with other titles.
Actually my specs are pretty close to your's-a strong overclocked CPU (Q6600-4core) and an even weaker video-card (Nvidia 8600GT.)

I also have a lot of experience using Arcsoft codecs in MPC (this is because I *have* to use their renderer in order to pass-through DTS-MA or TrueHD.) Long story, it can be done, but it's really tricky (the GUI for the Standalone Arcsoft decoder is buggy since it's not used in TMT for instance.)

I'm typing this at the auto mechanic on my phone, so I cannot go into more detail right now. A few questions (sorry if they're answered in your earlier posts-it's too tough to check on the phone.)

-I've seen you talk about multiple fps's...which has the sync issues (60fps?) The reason I ask what country is some countries use PAL for their tv's (this is on the tv itself) (25/50 fps) and others use NTSC (60 fps with movies at 24 (not 25 fps.) If your source material is 25 and your tv is 24, or if the source is 60 and your display is 50...there's your audio disconnect! Arcsoft handles this internally but Reclock does even better.

-If it is a matter of overloading your GPU I would suggest looking into software decoding (ie turn off CUVID...set it to "none")

-Are you having these problems with Lossless material (like TrueHD) or lossy? Your screenshots are all over the place-for instance you don't have h264 selected as an input on the video decoder and you didn't have DTS selected on the audio decoder. that will cause it to bypass to the next highest merit codec. In short, they're handled completely differently.

Ok my car is ready...I hope this helps. Id be willing to chat you through in more detail when your home (like checking GPU-Z, codec merits, input settings, etc...)
Mikey2 is offline   Reply With Quote