Thread: DGAVCDec 1.0.9
View Single Post
Old 4th April 2008, 09:23   #1002  |  Link
G_M_C

I've found something that could point to a bug. I'll try to explain in words, but since English isn't my native speech it could be somewhat difficult for me to explain. But here goes;

I've got a project that envolves the reencoding of a TV-series to Xvid 720x576 PAL. For that ive demuxed the raw AVC from several episodes to .264 (the originals were 720p, X264, level 5.1, in MKV with AC3 5.1 audio). The RAW .264's all end up in 1 folder, looking like this;

TV-serie.S04E01.264
TV-serie.S04E02.264
TV-serie.S04E03.264

After this i fire up DGAVCIndex (version A19 up till now). And try to open every episode seperately into a separate .dga (naturally offcourse ).

The first one goes fine; But when i try to open the second eps. in the same instance of DGAVCindex things start to go wrong.

So the first .dga went fine. After that i do "open", and delete the first .264 from the file-list, and then add the second eps into that file list and click "ok" to get back to the preview-screen.

I than choose "save project". The first really minor cosmetical, problem is that the suggested name to save tha project to isn't equal to the now (2nd) openend file, but is still the filename of the first eps, the one i did earlier. So i type the correct name and press "save".

Then i see the second, and bigger, problem. The frame stucture reported in the info-screen isn't correct. It reports MBAFF, but it should be FRAME. At this point i've cancelled the operation.

In short the workflow now:
Code:

- Folder with 6 episodes
- DGAVCindex -> "open file" -> add first episode -> click "OK" -> "save project"
(this goes fine)
- Same DGAVCindex -> "Open file" -> delete first eps from list -> add second eps -> click "ok" -> "save project"
(things go wrong, incorrect filename -> type new -> save -> wrong framestructure reported)
My workaround is that i save only 1 project (1 episode) per instance of DGAVCIndex, and quit/restart DGAVCIndex for every episode. But i think that isn't the way it should work

I'm gonna retrace/retry my workflow several times tonight, and see if i can find out when/where/what, and see if this error is really reproducable as it was yesterday. After that i'll update to A22, and see if this problem stays.

Last edited by G_M_C; 4th April 2008 at 09:48.