View Single Post
Old 14th November 2005, 14:47   #148  |  Link
mg262
Clouded

Quote:
i liked the idea in the mvtools thread about getting a more traditional metric from a full compensation (time=100 or whatever), and compensating that mask to the desired time value.
Sounds good... seems possible with the existing functions? If not, tell me what is needed. Maybe it would be useful to have some kind of difference function other than just Overlay(mode = "difference")?

I added a quick function to help when playing with masks:

Motion, 14 November 2005
Documentation

BlendFPS -- works more or less like ConvertFPS, but supports YV12 -- also should deal with arbitrary colour spaces and arbitrary frame rates.* Unlike ConvertFPS, it will average more than two frames (mainly applies when decreasing FPS by a large factor)... so it might be useful for motion blur.

*It ain't 100% clear what the "correct" weights for general blend conversion are; I've picked values that have some physical motivation. If they don't look right, let me know.

Don't worry if mask-related scripts become slow... there's plenty I can do to speed them up. But "premature optimisation is the root of all evil" .

Last thing: the DLL seems to have shrunk considerably without any very clear explanation... all my standard tests seem to be working okay, but please let me know if anything unusual happens.

Last edited by mg262; 14th November 2005 at 14:52.
mg262 is offline   Reply With Quote