View Single Post
Old 18th September 2019, 12:06   #6  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolito View Post
But with LogoAway the max value for this param delivered the best looking results. Very different in your Uglarm plugin. Blur Power 3 looks way better than the max value of 10.
InpaintDelogo thread:- https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...10#post1884710
From the ffdshow source (linked in InpaintDelogo thread):- https://sourceforge.net/p/ffdshow-tr...erLogoaway.cpp

Code:
void TimgFilterLogoaway::Tplane::calcUweWeightTable(int w, int h, int power)
{
    double e = 1.0 + (0.3 * power);
    int x;
    for (x = 0; x < w; x++)
        for (int y = 0; y < h; y++)
            if (x + y != 0) {
                double d = pow(sqrt(double(x * x + y * y)), e);
                uwetable[x + y * w] = 1.0 / d;
            } else {
                uwetable[x + y * w] = 1.0;
            }
Max value for power in LogoAway 4.01 is 10, so
above "double e = 1.0 + (0.3 * power)" would put e at 1.0 + (0.3*10) = 4.0, so
Uglarm(BlurPower=4.0) should be exactly same as LogoAway:Uglarm(Exponent_Power=10) .
I can change default BlurPower in Uglarm to 4.0, if you like, and maybe "BlurPower" to eg "ePower" or "expPower", or something else if you prefer.

EDIT: Note, minimum for Uglarm BlurPower is 0.0, whereas is 1.0 for LogoAway, so LogoAway cannot do the BlurPower=0.0 single color average of all perimeter pixels thing
that Uglarm allows. Allowing BlurPower=10.0, is of course overkill, but is better to allow extremes for whatever reason user may have, [special effects or whatever]
and not limit to the best possible (in your opinion) value. [so we deliberately do not exactly follow the LogoAway limits]
EDIT: By the way, for some clips I thought that BlurPower = 5.0, (or even 7.0 for others) was the better option, of course those are not an option in LogoAway with limit @ 4.0.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 18th September 2019 at 12:42.
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote