View Single Post
Old 12th April 2009, 15:53   #52  |  Link
Midzuki
Unavailable

A "junior programmer", or a TROLL ???

Shadson PMed:

Quote:
PS: Design is terrible, but it will not be changed. Read the readme file (about Stage2 at the end). It will be your chance to create superb interface
OK. An "enhanced" Audio-CD player which refuses to work properly on a "too-old" Pentium 4, and only because its creator regards design flaws as "unique features", really does not deserve my attention anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midzuki:

Well, when I click on the PAUSE button, and then click NEXT or PREVIOUS, the playback mode "inevitably" returns <-- I see this as a design flaw.

"It's not a bug, it's a feature..."
From my point of view it is not logical to keep PAUSE mode
if you try to go to next track.
Quote:
I was able to repeat situation you described but only on slowest from my work/home/htpc machines.
Your PC is fast enough for processing ShaPLAY's code, but not too fast to process DirectShow subsystem at the same time. Or may be too less memory, don't know exactly. When you press NEXT or PREV - ShaPLAY sends the message to Windows' DirectShow for closing the graph. Windows trys to do it, but got too less resources and ShaPLAY destroys variables before all of them were cleared by DirectShow subsystem. It's is not possible to check was DS closed properly or not, so all I did - just added "Sleep(50ms)" before destroing the variables. It is enough for DirectShow for doing all the things it needs for finishing. May be for your PC it will not be enough and I have to call sleep for 100 or 150 ms.
Obviously you still have something to learn:
how to write efficient code.

Last edited by Midzuki; 12th April 2009 at 17:54.
Midzuki is offline   Reply With Quote