View Single Post
Old 28th October 2005, 12:01   #37  |  Link
BECK38

Tools Catching Up JIT (Just In Time)

Well, it appears that decent tools are becoming available just in time for DL media to drop down in price where one doesn't grit one's teeth so hard the dentist becomes not an option but nessesity....!

However, I've followed the pgcedit Burn Guide to the letter and have one major question. Understand that I've burn totally successfully using latest (final?) Rel.6 version of NERO (6.6.0.16) and Memorex 2.4 DL +R's.

When I get to step 7 in the guide ("Setting the Layer Break") the pgm completely skips over that section, going straight to the ImgBurn. The final bit on the guide ("If the layer break doesn't open...an error message will be displayed and you will need to re-author the disk") doesn't 'pop up'. My reasoning for attempting to get this methodology (in the first place) was 'look around' the structure and see '"what's up".

Latest s/w, particularly PGCEdit vr. 0.6.1, and there are small differences between the guide and the s/w, but nothing obvious/major. Perhaps this is all still 'bleeding edge', but as media costs drift below $2/disk I'm sure that many will give things a try, either with or without NERO (I ran into major problems myself with them around vr. 6.6.14 to the point of rolling back several versions until some stability was achieved on single layer) and /or PGCEdit fans.

I would 'guess' that everything must be 'okay' in this latest version, but thought after reading up all the threads dedicated to this, upon finding nothing specifically of note, I'd give a shot and see what falls out here before going the final step.

TIA
BECK38 is offline   Reply With Quote