View Single Post
Old 20th March 2016, 20:22   #36981  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Freeman View Post
madshi, executing tags from a profile will be very useful indeed.
Changing many setting with a click of a button, very useful for comparison.
That's not what the command line was intended to do at all. I think you're misunderstanding the purpose of that option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aufkrawall View Post
I compared madVR's current super-xbr implementation with Shiandow's latest for MPDN.

When watched very closely or with some magnification, madVR shows less aliasing.
But I guess this is due to the tweaked parameters by Hilian, and not because of his improved anti-ringing filter. I think there's not such a case where the anti-ringing filter would remove actual details in a crucial way.
I'd really like to see how the improved deband filter behaves without the other tweaked parameters. Then we'd know for sure.
The next madVR builds will use Hyllian's new AR filter on top of my own, for maximized AR effect. Seems to work quite nicely. Hyllian's old AR filter produced artifacts in certain situations. The new one doesn't seem to suffer from that problem, so now I can use it... My own further improves it, so I'm going to use both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlight2 View Post
hI, with use only madvr is the best gtx 690 (with 2 GPU) or GTX 970? Madvr use dual GPU in gtx 690?
madVR doesn't support 2 GPUs. Better use the 960 or 970. The 960 is the only one supporting HEVC hardware decoding. The 970 does not. Or if you can wait, wait for the new GPU generation (Pascal/Polaris). It should be well worth the wait, IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrynz View Post
Madshi, would you create a modified edge thinning that only works on lines? Would be useful to have both enabled for animated content as I find edge thinning touching some background elements I'd not want thinned as much.
Sure, maybe you can ask God to increase my daily hours from 24 to 48?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrynz View Post
There's also a simple Avisynth filter called coloryuv http://avisynth.org.ru/docs/english/...s/coloryuv.htm that changes color and luminance that would be a useful addition within madVR also.
madVR already contains all sorts of similar stuff, see brightness/contrast changes etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper93 View Post
FYI latest MPC-HC nightly build have included latest LAV Filters as well as 3D subtitle support for ISR.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70MM View Post
where is the best place to set contrasts/brightness, in the card, madvr or on the projector?
That's a very complex question with no simple answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechris View Post
I have black screens also but only when i upscale 3d mkv to 4k top bottom. I rolled back to 90.12 and im ok now
Do you have them always, or only sometimes? Always right from the start of the movie? Or does it start after some minutes of playback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmonier View Post
I've been having occasional black screens for quite some time (going back through many versions of madVR). This is usually when I start to play, although I've had 2 in the past during playback. I can't say for sure that it is madVR, however. I'm using ZP, LAV, xySub, NO Reclock. I am using NNEDI3 for chroma, I may try to change that and see what happens.
When this happens right at playback start it's probably something completely different than when it happens after some minutes of playback. Would be helpful if you could figure out some circumstances when this occurs and when not. Right now with the limited information I have there's nothing I can do. Can't even dare a guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magik Mark View Post
Same here black screens in FSE from time to time
More information needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosCaco View Post
i having some micro stuttering when playng 23,976 content
i have i optimus system but nvidia 930m only render the video because the hdmi output from intel hd 5500
the display refresh is 23.97570, its possible to be this 00.00030 diference that causing the stuttering?
the best mode for me is fse d3d9, but i really don īt know, d3d11 with present a frame for every v sync changes my display behavior anda the refresh rate goes down a little
i tried wasapi from reclock and the exclusive mode from mpc-hc internal audio
reclock seens to be better but i still geting some stutering
its possible to be a v sync issue?
should i disable v sync on nvidia cp? because on intel cp donīt have a option to disable v sync, only app controled and driver controled..
itīs possible that the two drivers are perfoming v sync separately? like v sync are performanced two times one time for each driver?
on nvidia cp should i put single display perfomance, multi display perfomance or compability mode?
someone could help-me? i really don īt know what do to solve this... i tried everything, even smooth motion on 60 hz 72 hz 75 hz canīt solve this
I've never seen an Optimus system myself, but it seems to be troublesome. What does the OSD (Ctrl+J) show when this micro stuttering occurs? Are there are frame drops or glitches reported? Does that micro stuttering occur all the time, or just once in a while? Is it one stutter every couple of seconds? Or a little stuttering "every frame"? Reclock sometimes helps, but sometimes also causes such issues. I'd try without for now, to make sure it doesn't introduce more problems than it solves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xul View Post
I have this identical issue as well which didn't happen with previous installed version (0.90.3 I think it was)

gtx970 w10 x64 w/ latest nvidia whql drivers
Instead of saying you have the same problem, can you please describe your own problem in detail? And if it depends on the madVR version, could you please try to find out which exact madVR version introduced the problem for you? You can find all old madVR builds for download here:

http://www.videohelp.com/software/ma...sions#download

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzso View Post
So madVR doesn't have profiles as far as I know.
Huh? But it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damie View Post
I have a source video with P010 (YUV 4:2:0 10bit) 16-235 HEVC 5.1 4K 59.94fps and I'm using a GTX 960 & Sony X850C 4K TV.
Sony reports the panel has "10bit driving of an 8bit panel (8bit + Hi FRC)" and at least it passed the test @ http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=172128.

I can either select Ycbcr420 with 12bit color or Ycbcr422 with 10&12bit color in the Nvidia control panel @ 59/60Hz. (Ycbcr444 & RGB modes at over 30Hz@4K have 8bit color only.)

Therefore, should I use 4:2:0 12bit or 4:2:2 10bit when I watch the video in the FSE mode?
Nobody really knows what your TV will do in any of these modes. So your best option is to try every possible combination with test patterns and see which looks best to your eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damie View Post
Also, should I tick "disable GPU gamma ramps" @ Devices - Calibration and disable dithering @ Rendering - Dithering?
The GPU gamma ramps option doesn't matter, unless you have an active calibration loaded in the OS. Have you?

You should never disable dithering in madVR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omarank View Post
@madshi: There are some video files that I have are encoded with incorrect aspect ratio. Could you please offer the file tag option for custom aspect ratio or maybe stretch factor? It will be really useful as a lot of DVDs in India have stretched video.
MKV offers an option to overwrite the video aspect ratio. Have you tried that? I'm not sure if the splitter, or madVR accept that overwrite, though. If it works, you wouldn't have to reencode, you'd just have to edit the MKV header with mkvtoolnix. Which is btw a much cleaner solution than using file name tags, because it should work in every player which properly supports MKV. And it would save me development time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewildsun View Post
I was wondering about this as well. If my goal is to have two profiles ("anime" and "liveaction" for example) with a single keyboard shortcut to switch between them, is this possible?
What happens if you have multiple profiles groups with the same keyboard shortcuts, but with different profile names, maybe even a different number of profiles in each group? Using one keyboard shortcut for all would produce quite confusing results then!

Anyway, that would be your problem, I guess, and not mine. So I'll check if I can easily make it possible to have one keyboard press work for multiple profile groups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70MM View Post
I have a film club and before the main feature we play a number of shorts which are mixed content, 25, 50, 60, 24 but it takes my new JVC RS600 up to 17 secs to sync when changing. It obvious what happens, every new clip/short has video cut, audio fine, but the beginning of every short is just a black screen for up to 17 secs.... Shocking! So we cant screen that way...
FWIW, you could setup profiles in madVR which depend on the movie runtime. You could enable refresh rate switching to the proper refresh rate for all video files longer than e.g. 30 minutes, while forcing 60Hz for all shorter clips. This way the projector would switch to the best refresh rate for actual movie playback, but stay at 60Hz for all the shorts. Best of both worlds...

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrgh View Post
ok, here a link to the 2D-content screen shot;

and here to a 3D-mvc photographed trough shutter goggles... the Problem seem to be droped frames...
Not that it matters much (probably). But why are you using such low decoder/CPU queue? I'd recommend a *much* higher queue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrgh View Post
the only missing item is the playback of 3D Content, which is also not a Hardware Problem, but a software deficit...

I know, I can't really complain. Everything is done here "for free". And I'm really thankful for this.
I just hoped that 3d-hardware decoding would be kind of a priority...
That's out of topic here. This is the madVR thread. Decoding is done by LAV, which has its own dedicated thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j1731630 View Post
Hi. Im using madVR with DaumPotPlayer, and there is some problem.
I cant export current frame when using this renderer, there is no file, even if player says that the frame was exported to location.
Maybe there is build-in madVR frame exporting functional ?
Seems to work for me. Maybe it depends on madVR and/or PotPlayer settings? Try madVR default settings, as a test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedpul View Post
Hi baii, thanks for your idea, it seemed to work. Last night I reset madvr to default settings and set everything like I had before but the queues which I left at default and I saw an entire movie without a problem.
I'm glad to hear the problem seems to be solved. It would still be interesting to know why it occurred, though. Can you pinpoint the exact madVR build which introduced the problem?
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote