View Single Post
Old 28th August 2013, 18:47   #19961  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Need HELP gathering samples for future madVR algorithms.

Basically I'm looking for samples which have all kinds of black bars encoded into the video area, either top/bottom, or left/right, or even all around. The weirder the black bars are, the better. E.g. if the top bar is smaller than the bottom bar (as is the case with some Japan broadcasts because they place subtitles under the Cinemascope video area), that would make a great sample.

If there are logos or burnt-in subtitles in the bars, that would be nice, too. They can be partially or completely in the black bars. Also interesting would be samples which have black bars with raised black levels. The higher raised, the better. Basically any sample which is weird in any way: Send it to me!

Just very small samples (like 3 seconds of runtime or so) will do, although if you want to upload larger samples, that'd be fine with me, too. If it's a sample with subtitles in the black bars, then maybe it would make sense to make the sample a bit longer, so that the sample contains both (1) frames with subtitles visible and also (2) frames with no subtitles visible.

Please don't expect those "future madVR algorithms" soon, and I'll also not comment on what exactly those algorithms will do. Maybe you can guess, based on what kind of samples I'm asking for. In any case, I'll not comment on the algorithms until they're done and available. Thanks!
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote