View Single Post
Old 3rd June 2013, 00:07   #18955  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbeing View Post
Couldn't that script be fixed [..] if you don't want out-of-range BTB values processed, you should clamp it. Someone who knows better should probably verify the functionally of such a change, but does that fix your problem?
Ouh, (always wanted to use this emoticon ^^)

That sure would explain why full range source files looked utterly washed out indeed...this quick comparison on a 16-235 rec709 test pattern looks identical(only the filesize is 1 kb smaller for some reason, dithering was disabled of course):

untouched:

clamped: unclamped:

Also my funky 0-255 sample looks fine now, looks like you nailed it!

I will run more thorough tests and maybe the original PS script didn't care because as madshi said BTB/WTW were clipped by design if I understood him correctly...if madshi could please confirm that you nailed down the root problem, maybe a "compatibility mode" checkbox would still be fruitful in order to provide 100% compatibility with scripts that expect BTB/WTW to be clamped/clipped by design

I did send a few PM's to JohnAd but he hasn't connected to AVS in a while(his PM box must be full by now) and same goes for his company's official forum.

Last edited by leeperry; 3rd June 2013 at 00:22.
leeperry is offline   Reply With Quote