View Single Post
Old 25th February 2010, 22:24   #6975  |  Link
beb7089

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb7089 View Post
Found the issue.

RipBot264 uses MP4Box to wrap up the video and audio streams into a MP4 container. MP4Box uses variable -IPOD in the job1_MuxFiles.cmd file to add the uuid atom for iPod 5.5G models (aka iPod Classic). Unfortunately mp4box is not adding this special atom into the mp4 file. This atom tells iTunes that H.264 video, up to 1.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels videos can be played on iPod 5.5G

Could not get mp4box to work for nothing.

Then I found nicmp4box.exe and it was "tweaked" to import this special atom automatically. nicmp4box.exe works great. It wraps up my video and audio into an mp4 container and will sync from iTunes to my iPod.

nicmp4box.exe
UPDATE...

Well I thought NICMP4BOX.EXE would resolve my issue and it did about 25% of the time. Not a very good solution.

I took a video processed with RipBot using base3.0 640x480 1.5Mbps and gave it to my buddy to try on his iPod touch. It worked and synced with no issues.

I've decided that it was too much work and troubleshooting to get the iPod 5g atom applied to the mp4 file. Decided after 2 yrs of having my iPod 5G it was time to upgrade to an iPod touch.
beb7089 is offline   Reply With Quote