View Single Post
Old 20th June 2005, 18:23   #145  |  Link
dr.Prozac

Quote:
Please download one of the 1.2 beta versions before the introduction of AVS support (SubRip v1.2 Beta 13 was the last one) from AfterDawn or DVD.box.sk, and report if your .avi files work with it.
I found 1.2 beta 9. Avi files work fine with this version.
Quote:
Also, report if you receive a message saying it was opened in MediaPlayer mode.
Yes. I recived this message.
Quote:
Also, can you tell me if playing the movie does anything in 1.30 Beta 8?
It seems everything works fine. There is just no picture in the window.
Quote:
Does the frame number change?
Yes.
Quote:
Does the video preview window refresh if you drag it around, or is it "transparent"?
When I drag a rectangle by right-clicking then it is shown in the main window of the program as blue rectangle. There is no preview inside it.
Quote:
What is your hardware configuration (video card/driver)?
nVidia GeForce FX 5700 LE.
Quote:
What codecs/packs have you installed?
I do not use any packs. The only one I have installed is XviD 1.1 beta2. I regularly use it to MPEG4 encoding. I don't use any other decoding filters like ffdshow ect. XviD decodes my XviD and DivX5 clips. I have also prepared a screen for you containing my drivers configuration of system registy HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32 (attached file).
Quote:
Can you try a .mpg, .ogm or .vob file also, not just .avi?
Now I have only AVI (divx5 and XviD) and VOB files on my HDD. I tried open VOB files and the situation is exactly the same.

I have done some more tests.
As I mentioned above - using version 1.2 beta 9 my avi files were decodec correctly but when I decided to open the same clip via AVS script then the situation is the same when opening AVI file in version 1.30 beta 8. No preview but the total number of the frames is correct and the frame number changes properly.
Next, I decided to install ffdshow filter, though I really don't like this filter since it is developed by various people and contains many bugs. I set ffdshow to decode all supported formats but nothing changed.
Sometimes (not always), when I open XviD file the red coloured message apperars in "video file viewer": "Couldn't locate decompressor for DivX....". Really strange because the fourcc of this clip is XviD. Next time when I try to open the same file there is no any message. Strange.

According to Delphi code: I will download it soon. I think it will be better to discuss about it via PM, mail ect because it will be a little offtopic here for other users.
Attached Images