View Single Post
Old 2nd July 2018, 14:53   #1447  |  Link
haggis999

BDSup2Sub out of bounds error

I rip all my Blu-rays using MakeMKV, but my Oppo 105 player doesn't support PGS subtitles in MKV files. My wife is hard of hearing, so subtitles are important. For several years, my solution has been to extract the PGS subtitles using MKVExtract. The resulting SUP files are then converted to SUB and IDX files, using BDSup2Sub 5.1.2. The final stage is to use MKVToolNix to merge these new subtitle files into the original MKV. The resulting VOB subtitles are then readable by my Oppo.

For the first time, I have hit a problem with the BDSup2Sub part of this process. I have just bought a Blu-ray version of the classic film 'Some Like it Hot' and when I try to export the SUB & IDX files from BDSup2Sub, it eventually fails with the following error.
  • ERROR: Offset 36700161 out of bounds for file \\BONZONAS\Videos\Movies\Some Like It Hot (BD)\Some Like It Hot BD_track5_eng.sup
Is there anything in BDSup2Sub's conversion options that might fix this error?

UPDATE: I've just found a more recent beta version of BSSup2Sub (BDSup2Sub++1.0.2). Running that version has fixed my problem!

Last edited by haggis999; 2nd July 2018 at 15:06.
haggis999 is offline   Reply With Quote