View Single Post
Old 14th May 2009, 18:49   #1020  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ73 View Post
It would realy be great if the supported colorspaces could be extended to at least YUY2 and NV12
YUY2 support is not planned. Simple reason: Some decoders prefer to output YUY2 and always do that if the renderer accepts it, but they are willing to output YV12 if YUY2 is not accepted. YV12 is better for quality. So madVR does not accept YUY2 to force decoders to output the better quality format.

NV12 could eventually be added later, but you can also use ffdshow to convert YV12 to NV12 right now. So it's not high priority for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo08 View Post
i have a question to madVR at present i am using mpc-hc with dxva and for a better picture the pixel-shader "sharpen complex 2".

now i would like to know how do i get the same (and perhaps better???) results with madVR?
Custom post processing pixel-shaders are currently not supported by madVR. That will come later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0077 View Post
madshi, you can download a TestDVD here http://merifon.altervista.org/TestDVD.html

This also gives the macrovision failed error with madVR and Haali renderers so you might be able to get around that issue
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerxnet View Post
Which does not explain my desire to know specifically how LUT use is determined.
Grmpf already explained that perfectly well.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote