View Single Post
Old 18th April 2018, 21:11   #129  |  Link
lansing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperLumberjack View Post
Why am I confusing you with these names, while in any case you don't like my scripts, because there are nos scanlines ?

Besides, I shared a playlist with the videos of all my scripts and wrote them in their description :
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...W3G7DVYqx9NhoT
There're no meaning in those names and they doesn't follow logical orders. Numbering them makes logical order because it tells people what came first.

Quote:
On this picture, you can see the problem of the Nnedi3 filter with straight lines (in red) :

These distorsions aren't in the original picture. They disappear if I put the Nnedi3 filter after another one.
In the original image, those areas were just single-dot pixels, they were not a representation of straight lines. They were pixels that were connected to form a shape, in this case, a curve. Nnedi3 connected these pixels by smoothing them so you don't see jagged diagonal lines.

Quote:
Yes, the scanlines had always been there, but from a certain distance, we can't see them. It's what I said

It's why I don't want them in my upscaling. Only if it's very very subtle... eventually !
I have never said to use a scanline shader either because it looks bad on motion.

Quote:

This is not my idea of a remastering ! It means to be adapted to a modern HD display I think, not an old CRT display. Open your mind lansing !

I already played all this old games on a CRT display and I will keep excellent souvenirs from them. But now, it's another time
You're not going to get a HD remastering out of a 300 x 200 source. If you're to upscale it 6x, you're going to have to deal with chunks of ugly color blocks and jagged diagonal lines. The only reasonable way to do is to hide them with shaders.
lansing is offline   Reply With Quote