View Single Post
Old 16th November 2004, 17:49   #62  |  Link
Dali Lama

Hi Tritical,

I am getting excellent results with TFM on Rurouni Kenshin anime. That one is not as easy as most people think, but TFM is able to do a good job on mouth movements, scene changes, and panning. BruteIVTC also does a good job, but is a lot slower as you mentioned. The only thing I notice is some very slight jerkiness in a rare scene or two, even using mode 2, but I think that is inherant in the source.

In addition, by doing a proper IVTC, I am able to reduce general noise and especially rainbowing in the source (an added benefit).

Something interesting is when I apply Guavacomb before IVTC as directed, TFM produces errors in "telecide" operation, such as missing a stray interlaced frame it would otherwise detect. Any ideas why this might be the case?

In any case, I also think that anime needs the decimation you described above. Interestingly, when I was using Telecide on the material, I noticed that proper decimation was the "rate-limited step" in achieving proper IVTC as duplicates in the source tend to have weird rainbows, stray interlacing, ghosting and the like.

So keep up the good work and thanks,

Dali
Dali Lama is offline   Reply With Quote