View Single Post
Old 21st November 2014, 16:39   #17  |  Link
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho2004 View Post
Since he uses VC6 mainly for Avisynth plugin development and the latest official Avisynth Alpha is built with VC6, I guess he's following your advice from this post.
Only someone reading my posts like the devil reads the bible could come to that conclusion. Obviously nobody sane would get the idea to use VC6 in 2014. The point of the post was to a) point out that C++ API's are dumb, Jeroi is delusional and that you probably shouldn't be using Avisynth, and b) remind people about the things you have to keep in mind when developing Avisynth plugins (using a modern compiler, natch).

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessS View Post
TK3 seems to quite efficiently compile these type of loop implementations (more efficient in TK3 than VS6, some processors can handle the --x>=0 and
loop in a single instruction)
While it is true that if you translated this verbatim into asm, testing for sign inversion or overflow would save a comparison, that's almost certainly not what happens. Fix your benchmarks, check what asm is actually generated and stop writing code like it's 1985. I also wonder what kind of tight loops you're writing that are significantly impacted by the loop counter.

Last edited by TheFluff; 21st November 2014 at 17:04.
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote