View Single Post
Old 8th July 2006, 16:38   #18  |  Link
Clown shoes
King of the Jungle

Excuse my ignorance Chainmax but some of this scripting is beyond me. I must confess that with the mvflowfps2 script that Boulder posted, I have just dropped it straight into my script without a true understanding of the parameters. I have spent some time going through the documentation, but right now it is a little like learning a new language! This could well be the reason for my warped frames in the previous script.

I am going to post the sample I have been working with. If anyone gets a chance to take a look I would be greatful.

My aim is still the same; to find a software solution for 25i to 29.97i or vice versa standards conversions, that can be used as an alternative to the hardware Alchemist route, when time is not an issue

Edit;

Sorry Didee, I didn't notice you had just posted. In response; The reason for my quest was the discovery of the imminent release of Snell & Willcox's software encoder, that they claim is an equal to thier Alchemist hardware converter but without the real time returns. That made me wonder whether the current possible permutations of AVISynth filters might be put to the same use.

The results I have received so far have been amazing! Combinations of MVbob with both MVflowfps2 and motionprotectedfps have given results that when transfered back to DVD or a tape format look almost identical to the original (at least to the untrained eye) and at acceptable speeds.

I appreciate what you are saying with regard to the existing restrictions and limitations, but surely they will always be there. I am just trying to find out what the most effective current solutions are and bring them all together. That fact that thier are multiple video standards and probably always will be, means that standards conversion is something that will always be of interest to people.

With regard to using proffesional standards conversion hardware for work, the problem is that is has always been prohibitively expensive. I work for a small post production company, so spending in excess of £100,000.00 is just not an option, hiring is also overly expensive. Currently the only real software options available are Procoder 2, Motion Perfect and NLE plugins such as Twixtor and Magic Bullet. NONE of these is even a patch on what can be done with AVISynth filters. Therefore the most sensible thing, for me at least, is to find an effective solution within this community.

So in conclusion, I must thank all you coders and scripters because the hard work you are doing really is appreciated.

Last edited by Clown shoes; 8th July 2006 at 17:20.
Clown shoes is offline   Reply With Quote