Thread: So Far So Good!
View Single Post
Old 27th June 2002, 21:02   #1  |  Link
metrum_eng

So Far So Good!

Decided to make the divX 5.02-pro leap with my G-knot encodes. So far I've encoded two long (over 2 and 15 minute movies) while using divX 5.02 pro and following TheWEF's guide to a tee and using the exact pro features he suggests in the guide. The movies look incredible and I used 2 cd file size rips because they were over 2 hours and 15 minutes long.

I'm now going to encode a movie that is only 1 hour and 30 minutes and try to put it on only 1 cd as overkill file size suggests when using the pro features on the new 5.02 pro codec. My question to the more advanced users are, I would like to hear any "OPINIONS" on their encoding number of CD methods. Taking into account the length of the movie, IE. 1 hour and 30 minutes (90 Minutes), Bit rate under 1000kbps, and how low shouldn't I go? If the bit rate is say only 750kbps on a movie, should I up it to 2 CD's?

Now I'm asking all this by taking into consideration the current G-Knot guide and using every feature TheWEF suggests in the guide with the divX 5.02 pro features.
metrum_eng is offline   Reply With Quote