View Single Post
Old 14th February 2009, 19:52   #8245  |  Link
magic144

Hi, I'm wondering if I've found something useful.
I was curious as to why eac3to reported 47 chapters on a BD title (X-Files 2) when in fact standalone-player playback (and PowerDVD 8) offers only 27 - I started to poke around in BDInfo and BDedit.

BDInfo (0.5.2) reported the correct number of chapters (27) for playlist 00004.MPLS (playlist 00002.MPLS is a monolithic 1-chapter playlist of the same content by the looks of it, even though eac3to reports 47 chapters for it too)

Upon closer inspection, BDedit reveals that playlist 00004.MPLS has 46 of what it calls PlayListMarks. However, of those marks, only 27 are identified as having type "Entry-Mark" and these seem to tie up with actual chapter points, whereas the other PlayListMark types, which BDedit calls "Link Points", do not/should not feature in a chapter list.

(by the way, I think eac3to has 47 chapters here because it has created 1 extra timestamp at the very end of the playlist times - also note that playlist 00002.mpls only has 1 Entry-Mark and 46 subsequent Link Points showing in BDedit, which also ties up with BDInfo's reporting of only 1 chapter for that playlist)

Do you think this is right madshi? And can you/should you therefore exclude these "link point" types from your chapter lists??

Thanks,
m

Last edited by magic144; 14th February 2009 at 20:18.