View Single Post
Old 28th February 2005, 21:27   #191  |  Link
Leak
ffdshow/AviSynth wrangler

One suggestion:

Looking at my standard testbed for TIVTC (GITS:SAC Ep. 1), there's a scene where the camera pans horizontally across a cityscape followed by a vertical pan across a street. The metrics for the 5 frames including the scene change are the following:

Code:
6250: 11.96 c (new)
6251: 12.98 b (new)
6252: 13.47 b (new)
6253: 14.13 b (new) \the scene change is 
6254: 41.04 h (new) /between these 2 frames
Now, if I'm using mode=1, hybrid=1 and conCycle=2 I'm getting a noticeable jerk in the horizontal pan because TDecimate decides that it should drop frame 6250. If I use conCycle=1 and a low enough sceneThresh (10 in this case), it'll treat this cycle as video, but will still only drop frame 6253, which looks quite perfect.

Now, of course I could use conCycle=1, but this produces an unneccessary blend that I'd rather avoid - shouldn't frame 6253 or 6254 (i.e. one side of the scenechange) get dropped here no matter if it was treated as video or film, i.e. if there's a scenechange in a cycle that wasn't treated as video because of conCycle being 2 or more, and it's a deinterlaced half-frame to boot, why not drop that (or at least one of the 2 frames around the scenechange) since obviously no other duplicate was detected? (Or something along those lines...)

I don't want to use a low sceneThresh since that produces not-so-good results on the parts that really are video, but have rather low motion...

np: Banco de Gaia - Not In My Name (You Are Here)
Leak is offline   Reply With Quote