View Single Post
Old 8th February 2003, 05:04   #1  |  Link
RathO
tha Canadian Soldier

SubTitDS still under developpement? some questions...

Just for info before i begin my thread i wanna say the way i do OGM.

After i have produced AVI (DivX502), OGG and ripped Subs to SRT, i mux using VirtualDubMod 1.4.13... i do not use anymore the divx502 decoder but the latest ffdshow filters to avoid garbage frames, the latest OggDS0995 and SubTitDS1122 since i get LOTS of troubles using SubTitDS1400.

Alright so here we go:
The following is no offense! to the authors, im just askin questions... politely

Ive been reading lots of stuff about the container/filters and im a bit disappointed...

I am wondering if SubTitDS still under developpement, because i have read in this forum that sooo many people have lots of problems playing their OGM with "embedded" subtiltes... and tobias site still announce: Current version 1.4.0.0 (last modfied 06.10.2002)... its been a long time since last update!
Is Tobias still working on it?

I had some problems (OGM including Subs didnt even start in wmp6.4..) using the latest SubTitDS1400.. so i had to reinstal some older version like the SubTitDS1122...

So can we say that the container itself is final/stable and that we can continue to produce OGM files without any worry if its ONLY a filters problem?

I also just read that VirtualDubMod wont support OGM Muxing in their future release... why? i think it worth the pain! (i would use OGGMux if it didnt produce some corrupted frames..)

I like the container and wanna stick to it, except if some "components" remains so buggy

Anyway, i keep having great time playing around with those programs!!
Keep up the good work!

Best Regards