View Single Post
Old 30th August 2014, 12:53   #82  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

OK, I think I've fixed the bug of the language selection window behind the others. Can you confirm that you had that problem when doing a complete conversion of a BD to 3D (and not when converting a subtitle with the "Convert subtitle to 3D" tool) ? It is strange that you had that dialog when converting a BD. Normally, it is used only when the language is unknown, and when a BD is converted, the language is known, because it is retrieved from the MPLS by tsMuxeR. Therefore, the window should not be opened.

Also, BD3D2MK3D assumes that the language code present in a IDX or XML file is correct and doesn't ask you to confirm it. Therefore, the window should be displayed only for BD SUP conversions. And even in that case, BD3D2MK3D tries to find the language automatically with the file name. For example, with this file name, it assumes French: 00800.track_4609.Fra.sup. And if it doesn't find the ISO language code in the file name, it searches also for the full name of the language (in English only), like in this example: subtitle_French.sup. It's only when all that methods fail that it displays the little dialog.

BTW, that dislog is also used when you click the [...] button in Settings -> Automatic streams selection. In that case, it should work normally. Can you confirm that too?

I will have a look at your subtitles. Normally, a subtitle depth is considered undefined if all depth values in the 3D-planes for the frames corresponding to the "window" have the value 0x80 (or -0 once translated into depth value). Many BDs have 32 3D-planes, but most of them are made of undefined depths only, and are therefore deleted after their extraction, because they are totally useless. Some non-empty 3D-planes have some values with undefined depths, but normally they should be present only in frames without subtitles. When there are defined and undefined frames, BD3D2MK3D uses of course only the defined depths to compute the final depth. Of course, when it finds only undefined depths, it cannot compute the right value, and assumes 0. It is not possible to change the depth of a specific subtitle when it is displayed, therefore BD3D2MK3D uses always the highest valid depth (not counting the undefined -0 values). I wonder why other programs assume a depth of 10 if all depths are undefined. Maybe it takes the last (or next) valid depth encountered in the 3d-plane? Anyway, I'll have a look right now...