View Single Post
Old 25th November 2009, 09:31   #1262  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiyakusha View Post
Mosu
Hi! When I'm trying to append 2 raw h264 streams, after setting FPS for the first stream there is no way to set it for second one , but if I try to mux it, the message still appears and asks me to set FPS... Is it possible to fix this?
This has already been fixed in one of the latest builds available at http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/win32/pre/

Quote:
By the way, why all settings for appended stream becames grayed out? Its should be possible to have second segment with different fps/dar/something else... or no?
Most settings directly influence the track headers, and therefore only the first track in an append chain may have those set. It's pretty much the same for FPS; mkvmerge also doesn't support changing the FPS for appended tracks.

To make this clearer: Appending two tracks results in a single track in the output file. This single track only has one copy of its headers, obviously, therefore most settings cannot be changed and therefore most stream parameters (private data, pixel width/height etc) must match in the first place or mkvmerge will not allow you to append them.

If I ever ask you to upload something, please use my file server.

Last edited by Mosu; 25th November 2009 at 09:49.