View Single Post
Old 8th August 2010, 13:25   #4005  |  Link
iSunrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6233638 View Post
It worked perfectly in 186.86 and was broken for a while after that. The custom timings are now working correctly again, at least since the switch to 256.xx and up.
Yes, I realized that since 256.xx some of the bugs are indeed fixed, that was one of the resons why I updated. But there´s always the uncertainty if that holds up for the next driver revisions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6233638 View Post
I had this as well with my CRT in Windows 7. If you right click the desktop, go to change resolution, the advanced options and ‘list all modes’ you can select them. I don't know why this is. With my new TV on the same drivers I can select them from the Nvidia control panel no problem.

Out of interest, what kind of display are you using? I think it might be an issue with HDMI devices that are not 100% compliant.
You are a genius. It indeed works when doing it exactly like you suggested. Gonna need to test this further. I´m still not sure why it has to be this complicated. Thanks a lot for that, though!

EDIT: After further testing, the control panel won´t accept e.g. 29.970 or 23.976 ("Test failed. The mode "xxx" is not supported by your monitor."), even tough I can set both modes using PowerStrip.

Currently I´m using an EIZO CG243W, which is connected through the supplied DVI-D cable to an NVIDIA GTX 260´s first DVI-port. The NVIDIA control panel also shows up my monitor name correctly "EIZO CG243W", but I cannot get it to switch custom modes through the panel directly, no matter what I tried.

Last edited by iSunrise; 8th August 2010 at 13:41.
iSunrise is offline   Reply With Quote