View Single Post
Old 10th April 2009, 10:04   #77  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
Second, the output color is certainly different from EVR CP and everything else. I think madVR is wrong though
You were right after all. There is a bug in madVR's color handling. This will be fixed in the next build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
I think the scaling method crash may have something to do with something else entirely and not relate to the scaling itself. The thing is, I can't change the scaling method by go to MPC-HC options->external filter. When I change it there and play a file, it go back to default. When I right click while playing and change it by go to filter->madVR then close the file and reopen it, MPC-HC crash as soon as (I guess) the 96mb is filled and it try to display the video.
Strange. You don't need to close the file and reopen, though. Changing scaling settings by right clicking during playing should show immediate effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wozio View Post
If you want any hardware acceleration working best on ATI you must use NV12, be it hardware decoding, deinterlacing, post processing or color conversion.
Well, I've retested and I get ugly chroma upsampling with ATI when using NV12, too. However, Beliyaal has sent me a screenshot of his ATI card which looks a lot nicer. We're not sure yet why he gets different results than I do. Might be due to different OS, driver version or graphics card...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zn View Post
Will this work on popular integrated video card Intel GMA X3100/X3000?
Technically it should work. But I rather guess that the Intel GMA shaders and memory access speed will not be fast enough for fluid playback. But you can give it a try...

Quote:
Originally Posted by noee View Post
With default upscaling, I get substantial tearing at 24Hz. Switching to 3tap Lanzcos or Spline helps. Haven't tried any other settings. When I switch to 60Hz, the tearing goes away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleH View Post
The video is suffering from massive tearing
Not sure why you guys get tearing. I've not seen any tearing on my setup. But I'll investigate. I plan to implement a fullscreen mode, which should get rid of any tearing, if all else fails...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt8 View Post
edit: another little things, step forward (right arrow button) in mpc also doenst work yet
I know, but I don't know why it doesn't work right now. Will have to see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo55 View Post
Would it be possible to get DXVA working with madVR?
Nope, sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haruhiko_yamagata View Post
Great work, specially the dithering is impressive. ffdshow's output is inferior just because it does not have dithering. I'm sure ffdshow converters calculate in 10bit and round to 8bit.

With "Allow output format change during playback" checked and "Connect to compatible filters only" unchecked,
I found two issues,
  • I cannot toggle resize during playback.
  • I cannot play DVD at all (DVD: Macrovision Fail) whichever the decoder is.
Reconnecting filters is the most difficult and important step in DirectShow.
Each video renderer has its own API to reconnect, and most open source DirectShow filters have workaround for each video renderer. This is a big mess. I don't want to add new workaround in ffdshow.
Please simulate one video renderer's behavior so that we don't have to code too much.
Also please document how to reconnect with your video renderer.
You may want to check out our svn and read Tffdecoder.cpp TffdshowDecVideo::reconnectOutput (which is a mess) or DScaler5's DSVideoOutPin.cpp.
Thanks for the feedback! I'll see what I can do about the reconnect problems. Can you give me a hint what I need to do to make this macrovision error go away? I've no clue right now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinTime View Post
My first impressions...
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinTime View Post
And so to the inevitable feature request... In the future you mentioned adding support for user switching between 3D LUTs. I have absolutely no idea whether this is possible or not, but what would seem to be ideal for playback purposes would be to flag mkv files somehow to indicate to madVR which 3D LUT to use when playing it back. Perhaps the appropriate LUT could be attached to the mkv and madVR would load it from there? That's for further down the line anyway.
I'm not sure how I will handle that. Theoretically the video bitstream contains information about which color transformation has to be used, but sometimes this information is not available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbeing View Post
Could you make a small change so the properties settings are retained?
That's on my to do list, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbeing View Post
BUG:
madVR freezes (locks up) when I check both use 10bit luma & chroma buffer during playback and hit apply. It recovers when I uncheck the options and click apply.

madVR freezes (locks up) when I check use 10bit luma buffer and click apply. It recovers when I uncheck the options and click apply.

madVR crashes the player silently when I check use 10bit chroma buffer and click apply.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vucloutr View Post
I encoutered the same problem with GeForce 7 Series onboard graphics.

silent crash on 10bit luma and/or chroma when hitting apply.
It seems that either your graphics card hardware or the driver you're using doesn't support 10bit temp buffers. I'll need to handle that situation gracefully, of course, but I'll probably not be able to make 10bit work for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_A_W View Post
When I play a file with a freshly opened ZP, all is well. But if I try to play another file, or replay the original, ZP just disappears.
Strange. Doesn't happen with MPC HC, it seems. Will have to check that...
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote