View Single Post
Old 1st February 2009, 22:06   #8102  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by d1g1ta7 View Post
On the NBC HDTV muxes used to distribute programming to network affiliates in the US, NBC sends the surround audio via 3 stereo tracks - the first contains front left and front right audio, the second contains the center and lfe, the third contains rear left and rear right. Would it be possible to combine these tracks in eac3to, outputting as 5.1?
Your wish to combine those 3 tracks to one would be hard to express via command line. So I think the best solution would be to demux all 3 tracks to "WAVs", that should give you 6 mono WAV files. Then you can combine those back together to one multichannel file. Currently eac3to can not combine multiple mono WAV files into one multichannel WAV, but there are other tools that can do that (e.g. wavewizard).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowknight26 View Post
Only the last track is Finnish.

And then funny enough, the next mkv I had muxed says

Only the last track has that description.

Samples can be provided if needed.
Yes, please. Samples would be appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowknight26 View Post
And that Æ is really a ´. Guess eac3to doesn't support unicode?
The command line itself doesn't support unicode, IIRC. eac3to does for file names, but not for some other things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebkell View Post
Code:
timestamp derived FPS is used for gap checking instead of video bitstream FPS
Could you explain that one a little bit? I have captures that lose audio and it skips PTS and DTS timestamps, before correcting itself and the gap correction in eac3to didn't handle it correctly(which was totally understandable), just wondering how this change will work with those files.
If there is a file which has different timestamps than the video bitstream framerate information suggests, older eac3to versions reported gaps/overlaps which weren't there. This shouldn't happen after this change, anymore. But I've no idea if that helps with the specific captures you have.