View Single Post
Old 31st May 2009, 05:11   #1003  |  Link
rickhtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy25 View Post
Do you, perhaps use the "Set Start/End frames" in DVD Shrink's reauthor mode ? It is known to be buggy and make audio go out of sync.
These are straight full dvd rips to DVD5. I copy them to a folder and encode them. Many times I have tried with HDC and gotten out of sync audio. When I switch to AutoMKV, it makes a perfect encode with properly sync'd audio.

Unfortunately, that's not the only problems I experience using HDC. Very few times have I gotten a usable encode. Most of the encodes I've done have choppy/eratic frames when panning, and jagged edges on moving objects. It could be that I just don't know the right settings to use. I never try to do any cropping or resizing, and just want a simple encode to x264. I also just copy the audio. Maybe it would work better if I converted the audio to another format? Being used to AutoMKV, Nothing needs changing, I have it set for Constant Quality to the MKV container.

I'm at a loss to explain my inability to use HDC successfully, I haven't seen any other posts about these issues.. Encoding my DVD collection to MKV for my WDTV is the only reason I'm trying to use it..

Rick
rickhtoo is offline   Reply With Quote