View Single Post
Old 9th May 2018, 11:36   #10  |  Link
`Orum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navarre66 View Post
It took 8 hours for 30 frames. I'm sure the speed can be improved because this code is not optimized at all.
Well I certainly hope it can be optimized, because that's at the point where speed alone would kill the use of the filter. However, the results look impressive, but I'd really have to see the source footage to grasp exactly how well it's performing.

EDIT: Nevermind, I missed the YouTube video at first. The results look quite good, but the output begs to then be run through Deshaker or equivalent for several scenes.

While you're probably right about some potential integration with MVTools, I can already sort of see a way to do this with the current MVTools, plus a little extra magic on the side. The basic idea would be to detect global motion blur (e.g. camera movement) via contrast detection or some other means (perhaps look at how MPEG-4 ASP does it for GMC), and then use MFlowInter() to interpolate those frames? No idea if this would work well or if it would even be practical, but it might be worth a quick test.

That said, while you mention pinterf is probably the best person for anything related to MVTools (and possibly the only one active on the forums now who fully understands its internals), I hate to ask him to do one more thing as he already does such a ridiculous amount for the community. If someone does pick this up though, I'll be sure to give it a test, though I'm not sure if I have much footage that needs a filter like this.

Last edited by `Orum; 9th May 2018 at 11:49.
`Orum is offline   Reply With Quote