View Single Post
Old 5th May 2007, 06:14   #95  |  Link
burfadel

I know people have been saying one thing that makes MPC great is its simple interface, and I would have to agree with that! The problem is its very old look is putting off new people using this great player, and without new people using it the player will die off, which is already happening. There aren't people actively working on it much because there aren't many people using it! I think if its interface and name was modernised (even MPC player), and a new numbering system like I suggested earlier, and 'free advertising' (that is, make sure every download site has it) then its use will pick up significantly.

People should type 'media player' in the search engine or in a download site and MPC player should come up. People will go 'WOW that looks good, it has good reviews, I'll try that'! At the moment if it does come up they go 'bleh, why would anyone want to use that'.

Another example of this is the image view Irfanview, its great but with an old interface it puts new people off using it.

In short:
PEOPLE ARE SUPERFICIAL!

They will go for the best looking player, not the best player! - athough they will tend to skip bloatware unless they're quicktime etc lovers!