View Single Post
Old 4th May 2004, 01:23   #9  |  Link
Arky

Quote:
Originally posted by Matthew
Indeed, from a commercial point of view, if a professional dvd authorer can afford Scenarist then the cost of a MAC + 1 grand for the additional functionality is very feasible.
Absolutely, it's so feasible, it's a total no-brainer. Furthermore, the program will shortly add to it's feature list retrieval of DLT data to HDD for further re-authoring, and CSS implementation, and multiple simultaneous DLT writing (e.g. write both layers of a DVD-9 project to a drive each, at the same time) and a command interpreter, with variable speed walk-through!

Quote:
Originally posted by Matthew

As I recall it's a post-processing type thing, right, so the guts of authoring wouldn't change. Just an added operation which involves copying across the VOBs from PC to Mac and then running TFDVDEdit.
Completely correct

As a longtime member of Doom9's forum, I have respectfully been deliberately reserved about posting about the program on the forum, but I believe events will soon overtake this, because, in the same way that Scenarist and Maestro have become synonymous with high-end DVD authoring, and are discussed multiple times a day, 'Edit may well prove to do the same. I guess it all depends if people can see the wisdom in spending a few hundred dollars on a MAC to gain tens of thousands of dollars worth of DVD authoring functionality. We shall see.

I will answer people's questions on the topic, should they arise, although these would probably be better directed towards the program's own support site, where there is a talented group of individuals, geared specifically towards it. Barely a day goes by there without someone devising yet another use for the program.

Arky ;o)

"The significant problems we have created... cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them" - Albert Einstein

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." - Ancient Chinese Proverb

www.DVDAfterEdit.com - Edit DVDs post-mux with perfect Spec'-compliance

Last edited by Arky; 4th May 2004 at 01:26.
Arky is offline   Reply With Quote