View Single Post
Old 2nd August 2009, 12:28   #259  |  Link
Lincoln Burrows

Just want to let you know that changing subtitles from a modified M2TS container (without the unwanted soundtracks) will make Media Player Classic crash. I tried to change many things here but it all comes to that:

1) Original file (M2TS) = everything is working;

2) TSMuxer:

- Removes unwanted tracks (spanish for example), no matter what the desired output (M2TS or Blu-ray Disc), the result will be the same:

Keeping all subtitles - when MPC tries to open the same M2TS file, it says "No subtitles" or "Unknown subtitle" (?) or something like that. But they are still there to be choosen (I selected them). If you choose any of them, the video will pause and the cursor will keep running. And after that, black screen.

I thought everything was solved until I discover this bug. Everything was reinstalled - players, codecs, etc. so it is not anyone's fault, it must be something TSMuxer is doing. Unfortunatelly there's no way to run modified M2TS files using the source filter instead of Haali's (I tried that and the video was running very fast).

So it all comes to that - subtitles (PGS). TSMuxer is somehow messing with all of them when saving those files.