View Single Post
Old 3rd July 2005, 14:08   #218  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
no project is loaded
What about the audio configuration.. what did you chose there? Is it a series of vobs or a single one?

Quote:
but for 1 pass encode ?
Not supported. 1 pass means CBR for lavc, snow and XviD, which is about the worst thing you can do, and ABR still means a non optimal bitrate distribution, and less accuracy hitting the target size. However, since the calculated bitrate is automatically shown, you can just go into the autoencode window, note the calculated video bitrate, get back to the main screen, plug the bitrate into the x264 config, and press Queue to just encode the video. One pass in auto mode is not supported for the reasons explained in this and my last reply. I know there's a lot of OPV this OPV that going on in this board and I see programmers spend an outrageous amount of time getting this thing to work for a scenario it's not meant for. So I have decided not become another one of these programmers.
The bitrate calculation even works if you configure an audio stream for encoding that you're going to mux later on.. but not knowing the size in advance, obviously the bitrate isn't as accurate as it could be.