View Single Post
Old 23rd August 2009, 02:33   #4740  |  Link
focuspuller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
So grateful that you rated it a "1" for value for the money (I guess free isn't cheap enough) and "1" for functionality on VIDEOHELP.COM? I guess the fact that it is the ONLY program existing that does full backups of BDs to BD-25 today while still in beta doesn't get any points for functionality.

I don't think I'd hold my breath the next time you ask me for support of your "beta testing"...
Yes I am, and yes I did. And it's not free if you pay for it.

If you're going to bring it up then you should explain further. I rated 6 of 10 for Ease Of Use, 1 of 10 for Functionality (based on the fact that the program stopped working completely on all projects), 1 of 10 for Value For Money (for the same reason), and 4 of 10 for Overall Score. I wrote the following review:

"While it's a wonderful program, it has one major flaw. It does not support Windows 7. This will be a huge problem going forward and may not change any time soon given the comments of it's creator."

The fact stated is that you don't support Windows 7, you don't, as you have said yourself. You have also stated that "90% of the cases where you are running into an issue and you are using Windows 7, Windows 7 is the cause".

The rest is opinion, but clearly one that matters to you since you choose to address it.

Let me be clear. My comments were made (both here and videohelp.com) as a Windows 7 user, and is directed to such users. When I wrote those number ratings I based them on the fact that BD rebuilder stopped working. This fact has changed, and as things stand now, everything works with the exception of one disc. To be fair, I number scored the way I did mostly out of frustration and the assuption that BD Rebuilder wouldn't work again on Windows 7 based on your statements. If I wrote that review now, the number score would be higher, but the statement would be the same.

You say that you don't support Windows 7, and that problems related to using BD Rebuilder ("90%") are Windows 7's fault, therefore the two should not be expected to work together.

But when a user states essentially the same thing and criticizes your program, you get on the defensive. You can't have it both ways.

Your adversarial comments aside, I like this program very much. I like what it does, how it does it, and I applaud your hard work. It was not my intention to make you feel defensive. But I will not shy from saying that something doesn't work, when it doesn't (which I thought was the point of this thread, and hopefully helpful to you). I will also not apologize for being part of a growing number of users to an operating system that comes out about a month or two from now, and, in all likelihood will be the largest group of Blu-ray users/copiers.

You may have the only BD shrink program out there. But how long will that last? And how will your strategy change when the time comes?

As for "holding my breath" for help, why? Because you've been so warn, fuzzy, and helpful so far? Don't worry, I'm sure that after dropping you a donation (which I have done) that I will receive the same excellent treatment.

In closing, despite the statements I have made regarding this program's issues (which is the point of this thread) I am a fan of this program and the work that goes into it. I am one of the people you make this program for. So pick another battle because there is no battle here.

p.s. If you need details regarding my donation let me know.

Last edited by focuspuller; 23rd August 2009 at 03:13.
focuspuller is offline   Reply With Quote