View Single Post
Old 9th April 2009, 11:52   #39  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
I don't know what exactly I'd have to do to make that work. I'm also not sure if jitter will make any difference once I implemented smooth motion display.
I guess it wont make any difference to smooth playback, but to recognize when the movie runs out of sync. you can see it quickly as soon as the numbers pile up that something is working not fast enough, sometimes despite to what windows cpu load screen tells.

as it seems here, the fps numbers of movies I tried partially seem to vary. sometimes its ~24, another time > 30. it seems like when the system is not fast enough, then playback & displayed fps rate speeds up? haali renderer for example then slows down.

so jitter display would be a nice thing to spot speed problems on a quick & safe to tell glance, while otherwise it seems to be a bit more of guessing ("is this already running too slow/fast?") to be really sure (I'd compare it to the delay guessing of thd tracks of old eac3to versions, when correct delay for truehd wasnt yet supported)

Last edited by Thunderbolt8; 9th April 2009 at 11:54.
Thunderbolt8 is offline   Reply With Quote