View Single Post
Old 5th March 2019, 18:50   #55188  |  Link
VBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by chros View Post
I also bought mine in 2010 The HDMI chip on its mainboard (the "only" thing that I use ) died 2 years ago (others had the same issue at that time!), I baked the mainboard in an electric oven and it was good for 2 months, after it died again I found only 1 mainboard in 1 online shop out of 30 worldwide, I bought it, replaced it and it works again.
I had been playing a bit with the thought of replacing my TV but after I learned more about current HDR implementation I decided not to. I'll use this TV until it lasts and I spend my money on anything else!
I saw your posts about it on AVS I used to be very active in that thread. My mainboard broke shortly after I had replaced the 550 and given it to in-laws. Those models were notorious for doing that. At the time, I would not have thought I'd buy another LG anytime soon, but here I am with my OLED Great to hear that yours still works. Was a good TV at the time, unlike anything non-OLED from LG right now