View Single Post
Old 20th September 2002, 18:00   #24  |  Link
ReferenceDivx

I'm still trying to decide what to do

I don't exactly know what i want to do with the program i'm developing. I've been doing research into video quality metrics and the Human Visual System. I've been working on a program for the last few months that include ideas from the most recent papers and my own ideas about HVS. I'm wondering if i should make the program open source, or make it closed source. I've also been debating if i should make the web site into a research site that has papers on the newest ideas and trends in HVS. My goal is to design a new quality metric that is within 85-95% of how human perceive the quality of video. I am only really interested in mid to high bitrate video streams. Once i have my video metrics i will use some Neural networks or some fuzy logic to find the best ratios and weights for the metric's values. My final goal would be to make a new "psnr" that is almost as fast but would judge the "true" quality of dct based video streams. Finally, I would like to come up with a numbering system that would give a quality metic number to the overall video(taking into consideration many factors). My new site lives at http://www.hvsmetrics.com (however there is only an apache page up now)

Oh ya i would like to get a computer programming job someday too.
ReferenceDivx is offline   Reply With Quote