View Single Post
Old 2nd February 2009, 23:18   #22  |  Link
setarip_old

@Mike Chen

I just used MakeMKV to rip the "Ratatouille" BluRay disc. It brought to firsthand light for me, a suggestion I made in an earlier post to this thread, to wit:

It seems to me that, in order to be a meaningful ripping/converting progam regarding BluRay discs, MakeMKV would have to include the ability to interpret playlists or whatever the controlling files are in determining the proper sequential playback of "titles" that comprise the movie.

From what I've been able to cull out from the more than 20 "Titles" ripped by MakeMKV, including SOME (but not all) apparently joined "Titles" that are parts of the "movie only", there are anywhere from 8 to 15 non-sequential "Titles" that are parts of the actual movie.

Also, rather than MakeMKV generating simple sequential "Title" numbers based on "Titles" checkmarked by the user, I think it may be more meaningful to use clip numbers or playlist numbers instead...

(Until such time as such a feature is added to MakeMKV, is there anyone who knows how I can determine (Other than visually) the correct sequence of the ripped "Titles" and their individual filesizes that comprise the "Ratatouille BluRay disc?)

**Additional request** - It would be extremely beneficial if MakeMKV would show the "Title" numbers next to each "Title" in the second generated window.

Last edited by setarip_old; 3rd February 2009 at 00:38. Reason: Additional info
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote