View Single Post
Old 6th June 2019, 01:58   #512  |  Link
vertigo220

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubblec4 View Post
Hi vertigo220

I have tried to figure out the issue, but all seems to be fine. Chapter times are all correct.
After thinking a while I have an idea. I guess you mux all streams directly, but MKVToolNix handles seamless branching material not correctly. Problem is the audio with identical frames.

When I create a multi mkv from a BD, I demux always the audio streams with eac3to, this solves this issue(problem can't be solved with some E-AC-3 streams, eac3to bug).

How long plays the wrong content?

I can't reproduce the issue without the "full" BD. Maybe I find a solution to share BD content in a "full" way without to transmit the entire data.
Do you mean how long is the bit of video that shouldn't be there? It's 20 frames, so a little less than a second (just found it's also sometimes 7 frames and sometimes 8 -- when I jump to that spot and play it then pause right before and frame advance through, it's 20, but then going back and forth again frame-by-frame it's less, usually 7 but sometimes 8...weird). That's in PotPlayer. I tested in MPC-HC and it was 14 frames and then 4-5. So same thing, just ~2/3 as many. Very bizarre. If you mean the length of the whole video, it's 1:37:39 (TC - theatrical cut) and 1:41:11 (EC - extended cut), at least that's what the player shows. That is strange, though, since it's only on whichever edition is second in an MKV, but the length is the same as it is when that edition is the first one. That is, I have two files, one with TC first and EC second, and one with EC first and TC second. Even though the EC has that extra 20 frames in the first file, its length is the same as in the second file, without the error. Even the total number of frames is reported as the same. So either the player isn't seeing that extra length for some reason, or it's not extra but rather replacing what should be there. But if I go frame-by-frame through it, the frame right after the erroneous content displays is the same as the next frame in the normal version (without the interjected content), so it's definitely added in addition to, and not replacing, content at least right there. Doesn't really make sense. I'll have to take a closer look to see if I can figure out what's going on there.

How would I go about demuxing with eac3to? I have it, and have used it a couple times, so I'm vaguely familiar with it, but at what step in the process would I do it and how exactly would I go about it?
vertigo220 is offline   Reply With Quote