View Single Post
Old 8th December 2009, 23:15   #194  |  Link
rica

OK albain and friends.

I'm here but i'm afraid i don't have good news for you.

I found those forced debugs are useless; because:

I have to open PDVD to see its PID which changes in every restarting of the application. (needed for dpinpurr)

When i mount an ISO, PDVD starts and "loading BD" slidebar stops at 98% and application crashes.

And i need to see the settings page of PDVD so as to check HD audio bitstreaming option everytime (or at least open that page and click to "OK") to get DTSHD or THD bitstreaming otherwise PDVD, at the beginning, starts decoding to PCM as default. (and unfortunately crash happens before the possibility of setup bitstreaming option.)

But anywway (even i don't thrust them) i add this DTSHDMA bitstreaming??? debug log on Vista:

http://www.mediafire.com/?t4mmjhmiiuj

and a THD bitstreaming???? debug log on Vista:

http://www.mediafire.com/?tdwlktwy0my

BTW, some more info:

LPCM 16 bit never bitstreams on Vista or 7 with PDVD , you can check it with volume slide bar; volume always changes when you move it which means LPCM is decoded to PCM by Cyberlink decoder in PDVD and it's not a bitstream at all.

(volume slide bar or mixer settings never effect anything under the cases:

1) Kernel(XP) or WASAPI (Vista) bitperfect streaming_decoded audio in SW but goes directly to your AVR bypasssing MS mixer.

Or,

2) Bitstream _non-decoded compressed audio directly goes to your AVR bypassing MS mixer.)

While debugging ffdshow we get the right debug log since we open dbgview at the beginning and play ffdshow without any crash.
We need to fix this while debugging PDVD.

The result of my trials for now: (over Ati 5*** series)

ffdshow and PDVD9 bitstream THD, DTSHD-MA, DTSHD-HR very well. (on Vista and 7)
ffdshow and PDVD9 can not bitstream LPCM for now. (on Vista and 7)

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rica View Post
LPCM 24/48 bitstreaming works via PDVD9; given it a go with Vista and 7/64 while 16 bit doesn't work in any case.
24 or 16 bit LPCM bitstreams dedected as DD by ffdshow for the time being.
I can not give any true debug logs since PDVD application crashes at the beginning.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _

Last edited by rica; 10th December 2009 at 02:04.
rica is offline   Reply With Quote