View Single Post
Old 16th January 2019, 15:08   #54318  |  Link
Warner306

Quote:
Originally Posted by albur View Post
Where i see differences is in image enhancements for example, all on and all off but in the htpc i don't see it
I would expect to see some difference with image enhancements. There is likely some type of change if the rendering times in the OSD are increasing when any of the image enhancements are checked. This would imply the shader is active.

Try checking a few of the image enhancements at the same time and set them to a high value. I would also expect to see an immediate change, but it can be hard for your brain to adjust by simply changing a setting and looking at the screen for an immediate change. It is often better to watch some familiar content for a period of time, and then change the settings once more. Watching the display for an extended period makes it easier to determine if something has changed from the settings you were accustomed to previously. Your brain sometimes needs time to adjust. Display or color calibration can be like that.

highlight recovery strength in HDR -> SDR tone mapping is another example of this. Some people enable it and switch from low to are you nuts!? during playback and claim to see no difference. If you watched some content for a prolonged period of time, the difference between these two values can be dramatic.

Last edited by Warner306; 16th January 2019 at 15:14.
Warner306 is offline   Reply With Quote