View Single Post
Old 17th September 2007, 15:10   #41  |  Link
SpAwN_gUy
Junglist

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
If it can support his farming stuff, which he cited, then it might be more worthwhile. But I don't see how it can help in that regard.
the reason i started this is just because of "farm" and agent-based encoding.
well, i've been able to handle evrything with "full paths" when i was encoding(and am) on my localPC. (i.e. custom aviSynth filters were in daefault avisynth plugin folder, VOBs on one drive, avses somewhere else.. and with full paths everything worked just fine..).
but when i started farming.. i've noticed, that "d_mn.. my files are NOT encoding at all. Why?"
- because no one can open a C:\path\file.vob from another PC from the network..
then i've UNchecked option "Store full paths".. and what do i get.. i get NO PATHS at all..

well. okay. i give up..
a) yes i've mentioned that behaviour only with x264farm.
b) yes i can do it with my hands.
c) cmon... if you are not in to implementing that.. okay i'll continue doing what i'm doing..
and there allways be a step in "the guide" for x264farm agent-based encoding about "sh@.. you have to modify paths to vobs on your own"

i'm tired to keep asking (i guess today is my bad day..).. i know that this is some kind of minor request (i always did thought so) and i'm thinking of implementing that ONLY IF you have time..
(maybe i'll try to get sources.. and we'll see how could i help you..)

cheers, warezmasta.

"I like to build planes.... in the air" (c) some ADV.

tutorials
How to Setup agent-based encoding with x264farm (the easy way)