View Single Post
Old 7th January 2004, 00:14   #299  |  Link
bitsnbytes

Been awhile but hey lifemoves you in different directions heh.

well I just tried the circle surround thing... I'm not saying its bad. but my observation finds that it deminishes the fullness of a song... but yes it does direct the vocals more to the center channel... my test subject was limp biscuit behind blue eyes, so nothing outstanding "musicaly".
I wanna call it a softer take on surround sound.
I did play the reg ambisonic one right after the circle surround... I think that they proly have there best and worst uses each... not considering that everyone has different taste.
I guess it would be the soundstage is larger in reg.... I would not recommend circle surround to any heavy music but for softer music proly a nicer touch. and if you're not doing music with vocals theres no sense in it.

Glad to see you guys are still hammering away at this... my 3 version dvd turned out sweet.. as i did 3 versions of a couple albumns 1 was 2 channel DTS and 1 was 3ch DTS and of course 6 ch dts... took some time not having offline mode but now I see I can get it done quikly ;-)
and almost time to upgrade my rotel