View Single Post
Old 4th January 2004, 01:38   #284  |  Link
specise_8472

O P S are just Octagon Centered, Pantagon and Surround decode matrix.
The only difference to Emigrator is that Pentagon is different, in that there is no C channel as such. I re-computed for center and also the other channels so as not to need to do a 30 degree rotate to bring speakers in line.
I noticed that the LR channels in these decodings are far to loud and overpower the surround/c channels. Have fixed this and am implimenting a decent crosstalk cancellation on the LR pair.(hopfully). The IJK are unchanged.

About Surcode. As I said then, DIE ANOTHER DAY uses Matrixed SC channel.(Must do as it does not use the extended channel specs - but all other 6.1DTS I have do). But the flags that are in the specs are obviously not the ones used. Have not got around to investigating this properly yet. At the moment when I get time, I will check out the Sum/Difference flags to see if and how they work.

After reading up on DTS ES again, combined with all the reading I have been doing recently on Dolby surround, I have found a new path to follow regarding this. Thanks for pointing me back down this path.

Will follow up next week.